Java Software Developer
We are looking for an exceptional Java developer to join our software engineering team, working on solutions to process data internally and from third-party systems. As a technology leader, Over-C systems process data from the Internet of Things, and other data sources, providing unparalleled visualisations of any customers operations.
This position requires a self-driven engineer with great initiative and a good understanding of Amazon Web Services, dealing with AWS Lambda, DynamoDB or similar serverless technologies.
If you're interested in being a part of a team developing world-class enterprise solutions for high risk areas, this could be a project for you.
If possible, please include a link to your GitHub, or any other publicly facing work, in code or publications.
- Architect and create a suite of serverless functions for data processing
- Work with the core server team to extend the feature set of the Over-C system.
- Continue to use leading edge technologies and services from AWS for continuous improvement of the product.
- Ensure that best practices are followed throughout the software development process, that a suitable level of tests are created per feature and that reliable, proven libraries are utilised where necessary
Your Minimum Skills
- 4 years experience minimum with Java
- Experience with Tomcat 8
- Experience with serverless functions (AWS Lambda)
- Experience with Relational Databases (MySQL/MariaDB)
- Experience with NoSQL databases (DynamoDB)
- Comprehensive understanding of RESTful services
- Experience working in an Agile / Scrum centred organisation
- Demonstrated ability to work on small, focused teams to complete critical milestones under pressure with tight deadlines
- Drive to take initiative and own issues
Nice To Have
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with Git
- Experience with Web Sockets and client side storage solutions
- Experience with NodeJS / TypeScript
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python
- AWS Certified Developer - Associate or similar
Bachelors Degree, or equivalent work experience.
Over-C is a digital innovation and transformation company, disrupting the way companies manage operations, customers and employees in real-times, from offices in London and Cork. We utilise cool technologies such as GPS, NFC and Bluetooth beacons to collect data on mobile devices and use machine learning and analytics to interpret the value and outcomes. We then visualise this information using the latest technologies in an engaging, attractive and easy to understand way.
Over-C is a dynamic and happy workplace and the team has huge energy and passion for our products and our customers. We have some big, audacious goals and we require more talented people to join the team. Together, we are committed to building something amazing.
Salary is commensurate with your experience HOWEVER we are looking for the very best so with Over-C you can earn what you're worth. We will provide you with both autonomy and the opportunity to have a great work-life balance. You will have total freedom in how you do your job and the very best equipment to work with.